Skip to main content

Chapter 23: Novel [Dark Green Saint]




I decided to change Slave Engagement to Slave Contract since it is written as Slave Engagement in katakana but the kanji word can bring meaning similar to a slave contract.

------------------------

Closing the book that I finished reading and my eyes.

......
U~tsu.
Poro~tsu.
Uu.
Poroporo~tsu.  [ぽろぽろっ]
[TL: in large drops]

"He... He was a great guy."

Tears does not stop dropping.
Tanya lent me a novel with the title of "Dark Green Saint".  [深緑の聖女]
A true story based on what actually happened, a young girl Soreil whom the bright arts power was born during the war when she struggling hard to fight to protect the loved ones.

Soreil who realized her own power was puzzled at first by being natural bright arts user.
But as a result of the war, she began to face herself and finally by her own will she decided to fight to protect her born country.

I have only read about half of it, but it is very interesting.
In particular, I was totally impressed by the scene where she goes to rescue her friend with a strong resolution to be hostile towards her own country soldier.
And at the scene where the king who was impressed by her courage and forgive her, finally I cannot bear it ……

U~tsu, tears again. Chi~n. Blow my nose on a tissue and throw it to the trash can. I removed it.
I borrowed a book with an intention to find out about the natural bright user but I just keep reading it non-stop.
By the time I noticed it, the sky outside the window is already dyed orange.

Because it is a story, there will be an exaggeration, but I understand a little about natural bright arts user.
Soreil also seemed to be the only girl who did not know her own power at first.
She was not even aware of her truly special talent.

At one time, the prophet foresees her destiny and notices the magical powers resides within her.
Although I did not understand it at first, but I learned that it required a certain trigger to activate the essence of natural bright power.

That motivation is exactly what I wanted to know!

Together with Soreil, there was a shining warrior as good as her.
His name is Reyon, the boy of the same town. [レヨン]
After being attacked by bandits, the two of them use slave engagement.
Even after that, in the war with neighbouring countries he protected herself with his life.

Both of them who were just childhood friends started to be attracted to each other gradually ......
I am looking forward to call for future developments.

Shining warriors who gained power through slavery contracts that can only exercise their power in the vicinity of those who give power.
Since the power was put inside the body, both look and heart must be dedicated to the giver.
So, the two of them are always together.
Reyon is the only warrior for Soreil.

It’s, it’s amazing!
If, if, if it’s me?
If I signed a slave contract with Just-kun ……

Wait, oh.
There was also a written method of contract to become a shining warrior.
As Soreil told the Prophet, a fragment of light in the heart -
In other words, with strong consciousness of hidden bright arts power, the contract is established by giving it to Reyon through mouth transition.

With that ritual, Soreil truly awoke as bright artist.
In other words, the slavery contract to become a shining warrior was the beginning of everything.
If I want to know if I am a natural bright artist, I need to try a slavery contract.
OK, let's try it because it's easy.

...... I can do it!

There is no boy close to me.
Ah, it’s not supposed to be a boy, though.
Tell my friends "Do you want me to ascertain if you are a natural bright artist or not, let me kiss you?"

Well then, it’s not like I am totally a strange person.
But it seems like it was going wrong way!

But ……  If that is what I need to do ..........
After all, Ju, Just-kun, and, or ......

Ho, hora, he is, even if I meet him and say such thing, it’s not like he will misunderstood of us being dating, oh, I like that, what if I told him that he can become a warrior, so he can try it even it is bad, even though he does not even go to school as a student, I still cannot afford to give my lips to a man so easily, but because I also will receive benefits from being assisted by Just-kun, if the contract succeeded Just-kun said to me that he would go back to his hometown when he became a fighter warrior, so I would have to follow him and I’m in trouble if I was asked whether I was prepared to leave the town but if it’s happen in the village the two people living together doing something like be a primary school teacher.

TL NOTE : This is the longest sentence I had ever seen! It may have some mistakes.

Uwaaaaaaa!

...... Ha~a ha~a.
Calm down!
Calm down ME!

Do not get taken into delusion.
Because I was too influenced by the book that I just read, I not being able to think normally!
I am not a natural bright artist!
If I considered it calmly, there is not such a convenient thing!
Even though I was told that a natural bright artist user was just a fictional story!

When I was small I often thought of myself like I was a princess ... or something I fantasized. When the year is over, I do not think that anymore.
I do notice that I am not a special human being.

My head will really boil if I keep imagine embarrassing scene.
That's right, I am just overexcited after reading such an interesting story.
I do not quite understand even after seen the same dream over and over again or it’s just an illusion of almighty.

Tsu~, Ha~a.
I take a deep breath to calm my mood.
I look up at the dimly empty sky that started to turn into a dark blue colour and calm this excited feeling.

Oh, it has already become dark like this while I’m being stupid fantasized.
I have to start making dinner, my father will come back soon.
Well, I calm down and take a deep breath again,

Kararan, Kararan.

"Wa wa~tsu, Ha~a, geho geho"            [TL:It’s like a cough sound]

I was surprised by the suddenly blown doorbell, and I misunderstood it.
What? Customer?

I put the book on the bed, left the room and headed to the entrance while preparing my hair with a skewer.
Who is it this time, Dad will not ring a bell.
Because Jill or Tanya should have a plan, it is someone else.
Well then ...

My leg stops in front of the entrance.
Maybe it is Natta.
She came to apologize ... or.
If so, what kind of face should I made?
What should I say first?
Kararan, the door bell rang again.
I open the door without thinking about it.

"Oh, good, I thought I was out."

What was standing in front of the entrance was Just-kun whom I broke up awkwardly yesterday.

"Ju, Just-kun, ah, that, what, what?"
"? What's wrong?"

I wasted up myself with this unexpectedly visiting.
Well, it's unnatural. Calm down, ME!

"Today, what did you do today? Dad is not back home yet"
"No, I just forgot something a bit yesterday and I came to pick it up ..."
"Lost things? Oh, a jacket!"

Last night, I remembered that jacket were unfamiliar to the guests.
I thought that the size was small for my father to buy it, but that was after all Just-kun's jacket.

"Yeah, I inadvertently forgot yesterday."
"Wait a moment and I will pick it for you now."

I headed to the living room and picked up a green jacket hung on a hanger.

"Thank you for this. I am glad. My student card and wallet were inside the pocket.”
"Then, yesterday's horse-drawn carriage money ......"
"Yeah. As soon as I got on it, I noticed it and got down, he was very angry, but I was forgiven only by informing to the guards."

Even if you talk about it with such a smile, I am in trouble with the reaction.

"Well, you walked to the hotel, was it far to Runena street?"
"I am confident in my physical strength."

I guess it is not such a problem either.

"I wish you should come back and get it earlier."
"Well, it was already getting dark, and it's bad to go to a house where there is a girl alone"

Besides, you do not have to worry about such a thing separately.
I can always say ooo….kay, Not!
Perhaps it was because he was worry since I had some problem with Natta.
It is the one who bothered me.

Well, if I think carefully, are not we are together alone right now?
Although it is an entrance, it’s as if two people living under one roof, as if……
I do not want it! Do not think strange things!
I have to change the story.

"Well then, I wish you should have come in the morning, it was hard to have a day off today. Dad is always wake up early in the morning, if the carriage is running, he should already be up."
"Yeah, I was going to do that, but I got lost a little and by the time I noticed it’s already dark.”

……Yes?
I look at the clock on the shoe box.
It's a little around half past six. Of course, it is in the evening.

"Well, that is, you have been walking for a while since early morning."
"No, yesterday it was close to dawn that I could return to the hotel, so it's about 10 o'clock exactly"

It's real! This person, got really bad sense of direction!
There is a good distance from Runena town, so it will take about an hour if I walk.
But, no matter how much, there is no way to take more than eight hours.
There is so much time that he can go back and forth through the city few times!
I do not want to look surprised, so I decided to respond as gently as possible.

"Well, yes, you are tired, are not you? I will go up to brew some tea”
"No, I will have to go to the government office right now, so I will do it next time. Thank you."

That's right. It’s a shame though.
But after all it is not good
He may not understand the way since he stays only for a while in Philia City
This might be a chance. now……
Yeah, daringly.

"Well, please come back again, because I will show you around the city again"

My face may be red for a while, but in order to get closer to him, I have to go positive.
Just-kun brought me a promise to come again and smile


<< PREVIOUS                                                NEXT >>.

Comments