Skip to main content

Chapter 22: Library



Hello, it's been a hectic week for me. I should completed this chapter about a week ago.

I am really grateful if any of you can point out any mistake or the correct translation for the kanji term. Thanks.

--------------------------

After having finished eating the lunch, I decided to stay in the library a little bit more.
I’m scared of Emma, but she seems to be busy with work of the committee from which she does turn her eyes.
Returning to the classroom will only create an awkward atmosphere, it is also vain to walk around the streets.
Let’s read books to kill time.

Especially because there no books that I want read, I lightly look around the bookshelf.
Then, an interesting title was seen in the eyes.

[Saint Girl Primavera]

One of the five heroes who ended the magic disturbance.
Bright artist user who is believed to have the same peach blond hair as me.

I lightly try to read oblique sentences in the prologue

[Primavera, along with the Great Sage Graylord who is also one of the five heroes,
He is one of the best bright artist masters in history.
In contrast to Graylord that used all kinds of exemplary bright techniques.
She used heavily aggressively bright technique which is very unique in colour.
Primavera, which causes a number of miracles, can no longer be called a normal bright artist user.
Therefore, she is called by the nickname of [Saint Girl].

In contrast, from the battle shown on the battlefield, generally it is not well known, but there are also names like this.

A flashily shiny flame master, and.  [閃炎輝術師]
Her identity is enveloped in mystery, her family originally from is unknown.
It is seen in the Fabre region,      [ファーブル]
Officially, there are no records for her to have been baptized by any brilliant steel stones of the major powers.
For that reason, she is said to be able to naturally used the bright art.
[Natural Bright Artist] It is also said that it is not.]


Natural bright artist.
As soon as I saw that word, a lie came out.
What kind of human beings can used bright art by nature.
For example, it seems like she can speak ancient words that she has never learned from the beginning.
The setting which cannot be thought normally, I have lost the reality of the person named Primavera written in this book.

Anyway, she still a hero who saved the world.
I felt like it was stupid of me to compare myself with such a person, I quickly lost interest and put the book back on the shelf.

When I was looking at the next shelf, I got interested in the title again.
“Bright Artist and Shining Warrior”      『輝士と輝攻戦士』

Yesterday, Just-kun told me that his dream is to become a shining warrior.
I cannot understand what kind of profession is shining warrior.
Knowing it will make me more familiar with him.
I thought so and picked it up.

E tto…..Kenichito? Kenite…. It’s a Knight!
Knight!
It was the same as yesterday’s clothes shop sign, but it is really difficult to speak of ancient word.
To make it appear unique, northern ancient languages are sometimes used.
Basically, it is an ancient language that casting bright art spells required used of it.

It is one of the compulsory subjects to be learned in high school, we have to be able to understand one by one by graduation,
I wonder why by all means, I do not like the ancient languages….
I am not good at mathematics and mechanical science though!

No, it cannot be helped even if I feel depressed in such a place.
I flipped through the pages.
Small difficult lectures and interpretations are packed in small letters, my head got filled as soon as I started reading.
Uu. I think I want to understand Just-kun but it is painful to read difficult books.
But, let’s try hard and read.
I want to know better. About him.

I found out by reading it lightly and obliquely, it seems quite hard to become a knight.
After finishing his studies as a knight, he has to study for several years under the active ladder, passing the exam…...it seems more difficult than becoming a school teacher.

In addition, to become a shining warrior, it needs an effort to bleed blood, only one in hundreds have the talent.
Moreover, in order to baptized to become a shining warrior, it is necessary to have granted permission from the king of a big country.

This is hard work.
A person with talent is okay, it is useless no matter how much effort a normal person cannot do it.
Just-kun, even though you’re trying so hard, I feel sorry if you cannot get it.
I bet he will prepare for such a thing, I wonder what he is trying to do.

While admiring and turning over pages after pages, I found a place to worry about.
At the end of the book, a note was added for the time being, the page was taken independently of the others.

Shining Warrior’s Slave Engage.  [スレイブエンゲージ]
Slave Engage? An ancient word that I have never heard.
Of course, not only in classes and daily life, it has never come out even in this book.
I was somehow concerned and decided to read it in detail.

[With Slave Engage, it is not high-grade steel stone, by contracting with bright artist user, you will be obtained equal abilities similar to shining warrior.
Originally, the power came from the brilliant steel stone,
By contracting with other persons with extremely high bright power,
You can get the same strength as a Shining Warrior.]

Wow. There is such a thing.
Indeed, no testing is necessary for this.

[Slave Engage contracts are now almost entirely obsolete.
The main reason is that there is no bright artist who can contract with others.
It is the contract that gives the power equal to that of Shining Warrior.
It is limited only to highly skilled professional
Due to the development of machinery, the percentage of those acquiring bright arts is decreasing.
Unless it is a natural bright artist who has more bright power--]

……...Huh?
There was a slightly worrisome word, so I read it again.
Natural Bright Artist.
I turned over the book from behind and looked up the publisher.

It is an official book issued by powerful warrior Shutaru, it is different from the so-called creation publication.

[輝士大国シュタールが発行している公式な書物で輝士大国シュタールが発行している公式な書物で]

What does this mean?
Natural bright artist was not a word in creation?
In other words, there is exist a natural bright artist, is it possible to make a contract to become a shining warrior?

Gatari.
As I heard a noise nearby, I lifted my eyes off the book.
Before I knew it, Emma was sitting.

“Ah, please keep going on regardless of me.”

The same smile as ever. It is now scary to the contrary.

“A, un, Ema-chan, are you done with work of library committee?”
“The latter person took it over, the committee will not have time to eat if they are not working.”

Then, she took out the lunch box from the bag and spread it to the place.
I do not what she is going to do, but I want to get away as soon as possible!

“A, so? Well, I am with this……”
“Please wait. It is sad to eat alone. You are free anyway, do you? In case please spend a time with me-yo”

Ema-chan firmly grasped my arm wrapped in lunch boxes.

“Please stay, let’s us talk”

“Ya, yada!”

“But, but you see. Talking in the library is a nuisance around …”
“There is no one around and it’s okay if it’s a bit.”

Indeed, there are fewer students in the library during the lunch compare from the former, most are already gathering in the seats near the entrance.
However, even if we speak a little, it will not be annoying.

“My friends are waiting”
“You ran away from the classroom”
“I’m going to the toilet”
“Please be patient”

E~tsu.

“I wanted to talk with Ruche-senpai”
“Why me?”
“I heard that you are such a wonderful person”
“E, won, wonderful?”

It is a strange feeling to be said in such a way because I did not expect to be praised, I was pleased at once.

“But, I was disappointed after seeing you honestly. You are just an ordinary girl. I cannot understand at all which side is wonderful”
“……………”

Well, there you go!
I do not care at all, I do not think that myself is so cute!
But, how about anything but a kid girl!? I am your senior!

“A, ano ne, Ema-chan……”

I’m getting angry at myself. While I am tempted by temple, I thought that I should pay attention to a word as seniors, but I wonder what should I say, I am at a loss for thinking about the right words.

“But”

Unexpectedly, Ema-chan looks lonely.

“Inverunatta-senpai likes such a lady.”

I was stunned and completely forgot what I was thinking.
Huh? Like…What do you mean?

“I’m seriously look up to Inverunatta-senpai”

Ema-chan took off her lines of sight and turned her eyes to the window looking far away.

“I’m not the only one. All the 1st year students of swordsmanship department are like that. In the second year and at the spring domestic swordsmanship gathering party, she won the women’s individual warfare with such an overwhelming strength. Beautiful, gentle, strong, dependable…… For use Inverunatta-senpai is really like a painting hero.”

Senior who can be depended on during club activities.
People get along well and have good fun.
Not only during exercise but also in the head and further with her appearance.
The conditions to become the admiration of lower grade students are too maximum.
I already know the usual Natta but…..

“Shopping together with the person I adore is like a dream….It’s bad for my friends, but I’ve been looking forward for it forever. But….Ruche, you hear me!?”
“Wa, wa i!”

At long last!
Now there is no more false smile, clearly a hostile expression was glared at me.
I unexpectedly respond to her normally in spite of being shocked.
Although she was younger in sword fighting department but I cannot win against her.

“Inverunatta-senpai was always talking about you, whether when you are choosing clothes or watching club activities, every time there is always something about you”
“Wa, watashi no?”  [About me]
“With a smiling happy face that was not shown even after the fight, Ru-chan is Ru-chan. And, I’m not done yet. But, I thought I wanted to see it, the person she always said so much…...and I was disappointed by seeing you.”

Even if such a thing is told…. I don’t think that I am bad.
And, Natta, why are you talking so much about me? Why?
Possibly, she exaggerates my stupid story amusingly to make her junior’s laughing.

Oh, I see. That is why this girl is so angry.
She does not mind having friends like myself.
If I think, I get angry more and more.
Natta-me, what do you mean?!

“There is no competition……”
“Yes?”

Emma is watching me with an amnesty face.

“I’m fine, I, I will excuse myself.”
With that said, Emma walked away somewhere.
What is it? I do not understand!


When lunch break was over, I returned to the classroom but Natta was nowhere to be seen.

“You’re back. She told me that she was not feeling well, probably sick”

Tanya told me.
Hmm. I do not care, I do not know Natta.
If she really caught a cold, I will not visit her.

“Well, we talked with Natta for a while”

Because I am blatantly confined, Tanya responded without hesitation.

“Natta, I do not think that she is angry”

Jiru-san follow it.

“She told me you were overwhelmed, if Ruche breaks first, I think you can reconcile immediately.”
“It’s a lie! I tried to speak to her this morning! Yet, when I say to her, she completely ignored me. I will never forgive her until Natta apologize to me.”

Both of them were confused and looked at each other.
Even if Natta seriously reflected on it, but I am still mad!
She got in the way when I was having a good time with Just-kun and because of her I got a grudge from Emma-chan!
Absolutely, I will never apologize to her!

“Because both of them are problems, I will not pinch my mouth any further….”
“We appreciate it if both of you can make up and reconcile as soon as possible.”

Well, That’s true……
I think it is bad for Jiru-san and Tanya which looks like a sharp look.
I do not want to keep it like this forever.
There are a few minor fights, but I honestly puzzled from seen Natta’s reaction which is different from what I have ever had.
I want to get back as soon as I can.

But, it’s fine.
Because even I have a feeling too.

“……Sorry. Wait a second.”

Taking such unilateral attitude, am I going to apologize from here.
Even now, I cannot break it, I cannot do it.

 “I understand, but both Ruche and Natta are our friends, so whatever happen, those facts will not change.”

Tears are likely to come out in a wonderful friendship.

“Thank you, Jiru-san. Tanya”
“By the way, Ruche. What is that book you are holding from a while ago.”
“Oh? This?”

What she pointed out was “Bright Artist and Shining Warrior” which I had read a while ago.
I though about reading it more carefully and borrowing it.

“Bright Artist? Why?”
“Oh, this is kinda……”

I do not need to hide, but it seems a bit embarrassing for me to be interested in the story that I heard from a boy.

“Oh, yes. Tanya, do you know natural bright artist?”
“Natural bright artist?”

There were also reasons to divert the topic, but I heard that there were more reasons to say “maybe”, and more than that.
After that, I searched for a concealed information related to the bright arts, but I could not find any data on natural bright artist.
Perhaps if I examine it well, there may be some books on it, but there was not enough time to give up.

Tanya has a lot of knowledge on bright arts to say that she is like a maniac.
Actually, she cannot use bright arts, but her knowledge alone can beat the teacher that teach the bright arts theory.
So, I thought that Tanya would know it.

“I know it”
“Really!”
“Yup. To the extent of the crowd.” [人並み]

Tanya’s level of crowds, in many cases it is no doubt that she was labelled [Pretty Maniac]”

“Do you have books?”
“How many stories and biographies would you had?”
“Well!”

I jumped over to Tanya and asked.
I talked about yesterday’s Just-kun, that’s just a fictional story.
Well, it might be a good match for killing time.

“Okay, but what happened? Bright artists and natural bright artists”
“Well, Haha. A little bit. I should try researching during summer vacation.”

While it was an unnatural deception, Tanya did not pry on me deeply.
I am embarrassed to say that it would be nice to expect that I was a natural bright artist.

“Well, are you coming to my house?”
“Yeah. Tanya, thanks.”

I grabbed Tanya’s hand and shook it briefly, she laughed with a troubled face.

“I do not really understand what they are talking about…...”

Jiru-san muttered as if it was not coming out of the conversation.

<< PREVIOUS                                             NEXT>>


























Comments