Skip to main content

Chapter 9: A Fated Meeting (2)


Haa... My class already started. So, I cannot promise on the updates on the translation of the web novel. 

CHAPTER 9: A FATED MEETING (2)

After that short fight, I was baffled by the behaviour of the large wolf who seemed to avoid killing me for a reason. He heads down his face like an indicator that it wants to show me something. To be honest, I’m not quite sure what to do but I believed I just need to follow it as that wolf have the ability to kill me in a split second. Like a servant, I follow it carefully as we go through a bush, then crawling inside a small hole, swimming across a wide river and running again. This action seems to be repeated for to be going for a while. I’m not quite sure how far I already go but I remember the way back.   

Regarding that triangular gem in my hand, it already turns back to colourless and my body is no longer surrounded with aura. The gem is really wonderful as you can see through it like it crystal clear but the cracked surrounded it make it visible to my eyes.

After a while, we reached at the destination. A dark hole surrounded at the mountain feet. That wolf turned to me, and again and nodded its head once.

“Hey, where are you going? Am I supposed to go inside this cave?”

The wolf disappears in front of me like a ghost. One situation leads to another one. This is what lingering in my minds right now. Everything that happen here is not coincidence but it must be a fate that drives me to go this place. Yeah, when I sleep last night, I still remember a dream that I have, that same dream repeated again and again, as it won’t want me to leave this village right now. That dream keeps showing of me waking up on the ground on that old tree, and then behind those tree, there is someone which face that I couldn’t see keeps calling for me. It’s just a short dream but it repeated over the dream that I have yesterday.

And now, I already passed through that tree, so I don’t have any clue what is going to happen to me soon. Gathering my thought and calming my minds, I stepped into the cave that the wolf shows me. This cave is quite big, with the stalactites located all over the place and it looks like a backbone of a monster. Sometimes, a drop of water sound can be heard coming from inside the cave. It is quite dim with only a few skylight coming up from the cracks of the wall. The length of the cave is about 500m. How I do it? I shouted and listened to how far the echo of my voice can pass through the cave. To be honest, this cave is quite creepy because as I move my legs inside it, the sound or the voice of any animals diminished, it is like I have arrive in a personal space.


“What is this?” There are some scribbles all around the cave, the floor, the side wall and even the ceiling and it looks kind of sealing spell. It is written in red and from those pale almost like dry blood, I guess this has been written for a long time. What inside this cave? I questioned myself. Suddenly, I heard a loud noise coming from underground. “Damn! What’s now?”

An eerie sound like a person cracking the teeth coming up from the shaking ground. The cracks open up and a right hand can be seen moving up from those holes. “No, it’s not a hand but a white skeleton with no flesh and blood.” After the hands, the head coming up followed by it body. It’s a skeleton, no, it wears an old armor to cover up his body, with a helmet to protect his cracked head and gauntlets on the arms. It’s totally look like a skeleton knight equipped with two swords.

“Today is really my bad day, first the wolves and now this skeleton knight. Is this some kinds of trial like the previous one?”
I really need to find some weapon right now, last time it’s only a branch and I hope I found a proper weapon to be used to this time.

“Klang! Klang! Klang!” A sound of metal collided can be heard.
“Dang!” That skeleton knight throws away a sword towards me. “Am I lucky or not?” I picked it up and hold it with my right hand.
Like an experienced warrior, that skeleton rushed straight to me, with one holding the scabbard and another one holding the sword, truly looks like a warrior. But this time, its speed is much slower than the wolves. Maybe because of those fight, my eyes can see its movement but since the cave itself is dim, the battle becomes difficult.

It strikes from above, with my left hand holding the tip of the sword and my right hand holding the sword holder and placed it in horizontal, I protected my head from been slashed. It strength is quite hard, I can feel the weight from those strike. Again, it moves up the sword and strike from my right side, I pulled down my sword and position it to vertical to counter the slash. Its weight pushed me a bit behind. This time, it strikes my legs, I rolled backwards to evade it. Even though its movement is slow, I can’t find a way to escape because it attacks me non-stop, I have been wasting my stamina defending and evading already.

“Oh shit! If this continued, I’m gonna lose for sure. My energy is almost drained because of those heavy blows. I need to think for a way to fight this guy.” I fall backs for 10 metres, and this I will try to watch its movement carefully. And again, it dashes straight into me, and just before its coming, I focused my eyes on its shoulder. Its right shoulder moves backwards a little bit meanwhile his left moves forwards. “It’s the right strike!” Knowing the attacks, going to come from my left sides, I prepared the counter-attacks. I must not miss the timing, as the strike coming down, I move backwards a little evading the tip of the sword from slashing into my stomach and with all of my strength, I move up the sword and slash it into its vulnerable right body.

The attacked connected, a crispy sound coming up from the broken bones, totally demolish that skeleton knight’s rib and split it up into two. “Hah! Hah!” I take that opportunity to attack it again and again, cutting its head, its hand and its legs trying to disable its movement. “Haaaaa!” A long gasped coming up from my mouth, it’s a long battle and my stamina totally drain out. When I thought, this case is over, that skeleton moves, all of the destroyed parts and small fragments of that skeleton fuse and turns back into a skeleton knight. Then, it stands up again.

“Damn! This will never end. I will never be able to beat it.” Accepting my lost, I ran deep into the caves, that skeleton also moving towards me. At one area, that skeleton now longer following me but it moves back to where it came.

“Hmm… what happened right now?”
Somehow, the surrounding air becomes so thick, it’s hard to breath in this place. I got goose bumps all over my hands like something terrible going to happen soon.
At the end of the cave, I saw a lot of small papers with something written on it. These papers have been patched all over the place. I move slowly towards the end where the size of the cave became smaller and smaller.

I saw an old man with chained hanging with those papers totally accumulates onto him.
“Klank! Klank!” The sound of chain moving and at that moments, the old man open his eyes showing a really sharp, bottomless eye light an eagle eyes. And a tear coming down from those eyes.
“O, my Lord! It’s been a long time, I really miss you…”

END OF CHAPTER 9

<< Previous                                                               Next >>

Comments