Skip to main content

Chapter 7: First Battle


Hello, LegendaryGomo is back with a new chapter for my series.
It’s my first time writing 1500+ words. Enjoy the chapter.

CHAPTER 7: FIRST BATTLE

In the same evening, when the Heart of God, Hatokami ended the meditation, a war has started between The Republic of Maple and The Empire. The war that started three days after Hatokami doing his training, The Empire strike with an army approximately 50000, 30000 foot soldiers, 10000 recruited mercenaries armies, 5000 recruited magicians and 5000 soldiers responsible for handling sieging weapon.

That war only occurs for 2 days with a lost to the Empire side. The Empire unable to break the walls that surrounded the Republic of Maple that already protected the country for more than a century. It is said that the walls were made up by a material known as graphene, the strongest material ever known to man. Explosive magic, sieging bomb and sieging weapon all of them have been thrown towards the walls but not even a scratch formed on the walls. Besides that, the defensive side is also strong because they had high class magician working for them. The barriers created by him able to protect the country from being destroyed by an air-strike [fire magic combining with a simple cannon that can move further and higher than the walls].

The Empire who want to monopolize these materials believe there must be a dungeon for graphene mining somewhere inside the Republic of Maple. Since, Republic of Maple is self-sustainable country, the Empire believe that sieging against them is useless and they will be in losing side since their country is opened to be attacked by others. That was the end of the two days wars but a new type of movement has already been made by the Empire.

Kojo Village.
A shocked expression was shown on the face of each of the village chief’s family members when Hatokami entered the house. Unaware of it, I only greeted them and smiled. A loud growl sound coming from my stomach break the silence and a cackle like laughing resounded in the house. I turn down my red face, and face it up when the laughter subsided. Sara is the one that laughing the most and I will remember that.

“Hatokami onii-san, do you know how long have you been training?” Sana suddenly asked me a question.

I felt confuse hearing that question because I think I just mediate for a few hours. Then, the grandpa explains to me the events that happen for a week I have been training. First, about the war between the Empire and Republic of Maple. Second, about how a pure ‘ki’ energy have been surrounded me. According to him, a pure ‘ki’ energy is the one most desired energy for each or martial artist practitioner. This energy is so special that a person who got it can enhance the body capabilities hundred times more than a normal martial artist. But, this ‘ki’ is so rare that no one have been able to find it in a hundred years.

Lastly, he tells me the changes that happen to the village. There is a rumour going around the villagers that some of them have seen the beast near the village. The credibility of the story cannot be confirmed since nobody had been attacked yet but they are now conscious of it. Hearing all of that, I just nodding as usual but…

“Grandpa, do you where does the ‘ki’ energy go away? It seems that after for a while lingering around my body, that ki presence missing all of the sudden, I don’t understand about it.”

“Oh, you really a fast learner Hatokami-kun, in just one week you are already been able to master the basics of sensing the presence of ki. Your next step should be accumulate the ‘ki’ again but this time, you must control it with your own will and try focusing the ki energy to your hand first.” Grandpa seems satisfied with my progression as a normal person required one year to achieve that state.

After eating, I go inside the guest room again and revise the events that happened just now. Sit on top of the wooden floor, straighten my body, calm my minds and again try to sense the ‘ki’ energy surrounding me. This time, I easily able to do it but the ‘ki’ that surrounding me is not the same as before and it seems that these energy is been rejected from entering my body but it still can gather around me. Listen to grandpa said just now, a normal person can enhance the body by applying the ‘ki’ energy to specific part of the body, hand – improve the strength and speed of the punch, leg – increase the agility and speed, body – increase the toughness and defensive abilities.

If someone to asked me what is ki energy and how does it look like. To be honest, I don’t understand it but I know it is around and I can sense it but I can’t describe how does it looks like. By releasing my mind, I wake up from the meditation and goes back to sleep.

The morning came, I go out of the house before the sun rising and go for a walk. The cool morning breeze, really calm my minds. The leaves looked fresh and wet covered by a morning dew that is formed from the condensation of the cold the blowing winds. I walked past the houses, the farms, and went to a place where I first awaken in this world.

Arrive at the place, I survey around the area searching for some clue that can help me recover my memories. Suddenly, I felt a murderous gaze coming from the bushes near the that same tree.

“Shreek!” The bushes move and what came out from it is a large wolf. That wolf is not normal and it looks like a mutated wolf. That big body is covered by a blue black sharp fur like a porcupine but I believe one touch can make anyone bleeding. On top of its head, there is two red horns and in the middle of its forehead, there is a shining crystal. Accompany with the sharp white teeth, that wolf looks intimidate enough for a normal people to run with the tail between the legs.

“Wuuuuuu!” A loud piercing howl coming from that wolf, then two similar menacing wolves came out but its size is smaller.
I was so frightened that my body shaking non-stop, my heart beat faster and my breathe become quicker, I try to decide either to run or to fight.

If I run away, there is the possibility for the beast to attack the village and somebody may die because of my decision. Even though my body still shaking, I decide to fight the wolves. This may be my first time experience a fight. Unknowingly, it really the first of the first the god having a fight. Since he is the most powerful and the one creates the world, nobody dares to challenge him but that was another story.

I took a nearby strong looking branch on the ground as my weapon. I make a basic fighting stance for aikido which is kamae like describe in the guide book. Put my right leg and right hand forward while lower down my body posture to achieve a stable stance. Holding the branch like a sword with my right hand while my left hand is ready for a block.

Having calm down, the large wolf howl again and at the same time the howl ended the small wolves attack me. Even though its leg is short but the speed is quite fast. They ran in opposite direction of each other and circle around me to attack from both sides. I don’t have the basic in fighting so what I can do in that situation is just waving my weapon around without breaking the stance. The wolves came from my right and left sides at the same time, the wolf at the right jumping with a mouth open trying to bite of my head while the other wolf keep running towards my leg.

In a split second, I raised the branch with both of my hands to protect my head but my leg was left unguard. I can’t dodge because the wolf is fast enough to catch me, so I just gamble for the best. Fortunately, my head remains intact but the weapon – the branch completely destroy and I felt some kind of pain coming from both of my hands and my left leg. A blood gushing out of the bite mark but the condition of the leg is much worse since a flesh can be seen through the bite.

My head is spinning around like the first time I experienced it before this due to hunger. My body feel sluggish and waiting to fall down, the wolves are running at me again for the finishing strike. I think it’s the end. My journey will end soon. I already know the ending so I try to remember back the memories that I experienced when I reborn in this world.

With no clothes walking around to search for someone, seeing and hearing the animals in the forest, and fainted due to hunger. See two girls who looks identical when waking up, the old man who tells me everything and the old lady who cooks a delicious food. Walking around the village, listening to the legend and learning the ‘ki’ energy.

“Haaa…. What a good life I got? I think I can die smiling.”
Like already been surrendered to the fate, Hatokami, the heart of god again experiencing the life. What will happen to him?

END OF CHAPTER 7

<< Previous                                                              Next >>

Comments