Skip to main content

Chapter 3: A Meeting With A Fragmented God


Hello, this is LegendaryGomo.
Here is the latest chapter of the Land of Gods. 
Please tell me if I made any spelling mistakes or any thought for this chapter through the comment section below.

CHAPTER 3: A MEETING WITH FRAGMENTED GOD

On the bed of the chief village’s guest room, lies the heart of god.
It’s already been 12 hours since he was brought here by the grandpa. The sun is going down soon and the moon will replaced the sun, the light that shine the day will be covered by the darkness of the night but the sun still illumintes the land through the reflection on the moon and the stars also does the same. That’s show how amazing is the god who can create such an amazing feat that no one cannot do it.

With the birds sleeping comes the crickets that creeping the night indicates that the time for dinner has come. Most of the beings have go back home and eat together with the family but there also who does the opposite it, working at night, resting at day. All of it depends on the individuals or beings that was given a thinking ability by the god.

The grandmother is busy cooking for while the siblings are relaxing with the grandfather in the living room. The house has 3 rooms including the guest room, one kitchen and one living room.
The house was made by wood that is strong enough to prevent to hold the roofs. The toilets was located outside and are shared together with the villagers.

A good smell was brought through by the air and reach everyone.

“Uwah! It smells really good, grandma.”Sana who loves eating becomes excited.
“What are you making today?” Sara also join in the conversation.
“We are having a feat today since we got one more extra stomach to be filled. I believe the man will be waking up soon as he was fainted to the hunger and his life is not in danger.”

Sara and Sana standing up and running into the guest room. Once they opened the guest room door, the good smell flying into the nose of the man who is the heart of god.

The man who is sleeping suddenly waking up and start drooling destroying the image of a handsome man. The first things that he saw was the girls and he asked “Who are you? Where am I?”

The girls who are watching enthusiastically close the door and running to the living room calling their grandpa.

“Grandpa! That man has woken up.” Both of the speak at the same time.

The grandfather goes to the guest room alone while the grandmother is preparing the dishes with the siblings helping her.
He opens the door and asks the man who just wake up.

“Calm down, young man. You must be confusing right now but don’t worry you are safe here. We found you lying in the field not far away from here.”
“Before that, can I know who are you and where are you come from since this village is quite far away from city and I can only guess that you come from the forest” The grandpa questioning while calming the man down.

“I.. I.. I don’t where I came from but I am known as [Heart of God]. It seems I don’t remember anything and I don’t know why I am here. What I know that I wake up under a big old tree, and when I try to search for someone, my body suddenly feel sluggish and fall over. When I wake up I was on this strange thing and I saw two little human girls.” That god tried to explain.

“Oh, Heart of God it is the named in the storytelling about the legend of the god one million years ago. Hmm… Is the name real or is it just coincidence?” The grandpa muttered to himself.

“Young man or it is better if I called you as Hatokami, Hato as in Heart and Kami as in God. It is a good name for you who don’t remember anything.”

The grandpa who thinks that the situation right now is really matched to the story passing from one generation to another. It is about the coming of the heart of god when the world near to its destruction. Since the conflicts have rising at fast rate recently, he thinks that this man must be connected somehow. So, he wants to hide this information somehow since he knows that recently there is a movement or expedition searching for the heart of god.

So, he tries to take the gamble out of it. Unnoticed by the villager chief, the call to disclose the information not only has saved the village but also the country. But, that was in another time.

“So, Hatokami, the reason why you are fainted is due to hunger.” The grandpa told the him.

“Hmm, Hatokami…., but do I have a name?” The god have been thinking hard searching for his memories but he found nothing.

He also had been thinking about the word said by the human in front him ‘hunger’. “If I’m not mistaken hunger is the condition where the beings unable to get and eat food.”

“Ohhh! Seem like I was wake up as a human, I must fulfill all the desires required by the beings – eating, working and sleeping. But right now, I need to eat to get energy and search for any information.” Hatokami muttered to himself.

“Can I know what should I call, O old man?”
“I’m Josh, you can just call me grandpa, since I’m old enough and I got grandchildren stay with me here.”
“Alright, I think you must be starving right so come join us for dinner”

With a weak body, Hatokami stand up and follow the grandfather to the table.

“Wah! You have wake up, come take a sit, today I cook little bit extra so it’s enough for everyone.” The grandmother invited Hatokami while the kids were hiding behind her.


“This is my wife, Sandra and the two little kids there is my grandchildren Sara and Sana. They are twins, Sara the twin-tails and Sana the braided girl.” 
Hitokami does not talk much that night but he keeps eating non-stop, the siblings just laughing all-night and the grandparents just smile warmly. At the end of the day, the grandpa said that he wants to speak with Hitokami alone the next day.

And the day at Kojo Village ended with Hitokami sleeps waiting for the dawn to come.

Meanwhile, in the hottest region in the world, there is a discussion within the throne room.

The being with three horns on top of the head, red-coloured large body and with the tails that looked like an arrow was sitting on top of the throne and giving commands.

“It seems that the heart of god has awoken”
“I want all of you to find him at all cost! You are dead if you fail!” The being commanded.
An uproar occurs at the castle as most of the being there goes out and search for the heart of god. There are being who crawling, some of them running out of the castle and there are some who are flying heed for the command of their king.

In one of the holiest room in the cathedral, the pope came out and commanded the priests.

“O… my followers I just received a word from our God that the heart of god, the evil has come out from slumber and will haunt us soon. Go spread out this word and catch anyone suspicious that will destroy this peace of ours.”

“O… my Lord we will amend your command”

In the other region far away separated by sea, a happy laughter came out from the dining hall. “Huhuhuhu… It’s seemed that my husband has arrived.”

At this time, all the region in the worlds even far away from this place feel the presence of heart of god and all the fragmented gods who have been stand still have start their own movements.
But in the deepest part of the jungle not far away from the Kojo Village, an old man who is being tied to the stone rejoiced the coming of the god and said.

“O my only god! You the One who create me, the One who give Me power, come search for Me and I will forever follow your command. I who is the weakest without You and I need you to guide this poor Me.”

The writhing of an old man inside the cave. Will their fate collide or will the evil come first?

END OF CHAPTER 3

<< Previous                                                                              Next >>

Comments