Skip to main content

Chapter 10: Gurds


Hello,
Here is another update for my series.

CHAPTER 10: GURDS

Tears coming down from those eyes, washing that dry face of the old man. If I look closely, apart from being chained, that person with a mummified white hair, the face that already been ravaged by time, a very thin body that you can see the shape of the bones from the skin. A trembling voice came up from those mouth trying to tell something.

“O, my Lord! It’s been a long time, I really miss you…”
The tears coming down even faster like there is no limit to it even though he already looks like a man with not enough nutrition. But the words said by him really go deep into me.

“Does this old man know me?” I muttered with a low voice.
The chain moves again creating a sound of collision, that old man moves his hand and tears down the papers that been pasted to him one-by-one. Slowly but surely, the spells that’s been focused on him started to diminish and returning back his form.

From the old face, the skin structures start to change, it became more young and energetic. The hair that’s like an albino for a while ago, falling down, and new yellow roots grows up and just like that the hair grows uncontrollably until it reached the heads, creating a long blonde hair. The eyes do not change but with a sharp looking eye, he’s totally looks like a dangerous person. The body of the old man totally recovered from malnutrition in just a second. A body build that about the same as me. The pale skin colour return to its original brown colour return. And on top of his head, there is a small horn pointed up. With a small move, the large chains that totally locked him down shattered into bits, removing any obstacles that tie him down.

That blonde hair man moving up to me who is totally clueless figuring on what actually happened, and he lowers down his knees and knelt down to me like a slave bow down to his master. Lowering his heads to the ground and he speaks with a young voice different from to what I heard earlier.

“O, Lord! I have been waiting for your arrival. My name is Gudrs and I am a part of you – the fragmented god.”
“Hey, wait a minute! What do you mean by Lord and I am not even know you? Who are you actually?” A lot of questions came from my mouth to solve the riddles in front of me.

“O, Lord, you are the Heart of God, and I am one part of you.” He repeated the same words.

“You may not remember this right now, I have always been with you, no, I am a part of you. But the time will tell this. Do you know this?” Gudrs raised his hand, showing a small piece of gem that look exactly like the one that I had with me.

The gem holds by him suddenly shining and the one in my hands also shine. Both of them, moves up to the sky and fly before combining into one and fly back into my hand. As the gem returns, a word that I do not understand come out from the forehead of the young man in front of me. After some time, it returns to normal.

“This is a small piece of the gem known as Sansara who holds all the secret about the entire universe. It was created by you, who left a part of its into our body when you divided yourself into 100. It is a prove that I am part of you and it is my duty to serve you again.”

“Wait a minute, are you crazy? There is no way that I am the person you are looking for, maybe you are mistaken me for someone else.”

“No, I’m not mistaken my Lord because I have been with you for a long time, so I can sense your presence here but there is a reason why I am not moving from here until you found me.”
“Then, what is my role in this world, what am I supposed to do right now?”
“You are the only one who know that, my Lord. My role is undecided since you are missing during the gathering, my Lord. But I believe that my job is give supporting when you reach the land.”

Again, I can’t find any answer to why all of these happen. He said that his name is Gudrs and the object in my hand is called Sansara. It’s hard to believe this so I try to ask other question like regarding my dream, the wolf and the event when I was lost in my minds.

“Gudrs, can I ask a few questions.”
“Yes, my Lord.”
“First, are you the one who summon me to come here just now and yesterday from my dream.”
“No, my Lord. I never do that because I’m the one that waiting for your arrival.”
“Do you have a wolf as your familiar or close aid?”
“The answer is no, my Lord. I was here since hundreds of thousands year ago. I have not met anyone or talk to anyone in this vicinity when I confined myself in here.”

Once again, confusion struck me hard. Who is the one behind those tree in my dream and who is the owner of that wolf?

“Then, why you trapped yourself here? I don’t understand any motives behind your actions. Besides, it is impossible for you to be alive for hundreds of thousand years without eating nor drinking.”

“I was created not as human but an oni. So, I don’t really have the desire to eat. I put all this spells on myself in order to protect myself from being corrupted and detected by the Jinn.”
“Huh! That’s nonsense and who is this Jinn anyway?”
“Very well, my Lord. Maybe because you lost your memories when you were reborn here that you do not know who is Jinn. Let me tell you the truth, we (99 fragmented gods) are not the only one who were sent to the land, there are many other beings who were sent here during those times. For example, the angel and the Jinn. All of them are your creations and they are not supposed to be on the land. Angel is your most loyal retainers but right now, all of them are hiding from the Jinn. Jinn is also your creations. But they are the one with the most power in this land, and they have announced that you, the God as the number one criminals and they have intention to kill you because they know that you are vulnerable right now and they want to usurp the throne of God.”

“Jinn…” I’m thinking hard about it.

“And we do the same as the angel, but not all of us managed to avoid that as right now, approximately more than half of us who were already been corrupted and now, they viewed you, the Heart of God as the number one enemy and they followed the command of Jinn.”

“That’s why I was here, I seal my power in order to avoid being found by them because I’m also powerless right now. But, with you, my Lord here, I believe we can fight them back and at the same time, search for the answer and the truth to what questions you have.”

“So, Gurds, do you know what I should do next?”
“For the moment, we need to find all the remaining fragmented god and restore them back. Before that, we need to move further away from this place as its already been targeted by the evil doers who knew your coming in this land. Since I will be joining you, our next stop should be the city of Lumines, one of the fragmented god was also there, hiding together with the humans. It’s been a long time, but now we have you, I believe she will be more than happy to see you.”

After that, I asked him a lot of question regarding the characteristics and personalities of the being known as Jinn and other creations that was send here together with me. For now, I acknowledged that I am the Heart of God, and my answer will be found in this journey. Leaving the cave, I brought him together with me to Kojo Village before we started our next journey to Lumines City. Not far away from the village we saw the black smoke going up in the direction of Kojo Village. I feel weird somehow like there is something bad going on right now. I told Gurds to speed up to return to the village.

END OF CHAPTER 10

<< Previous                                                                     Next >>




Comments