Skip to main content

Chapter 4: After School Shopping


On the hill in the south eastern part of Philia City, there is the South Philia Gakuen which we attend. 
The first building surrounding the courtyard is a historic school building with red roofs and brick walls. 
Extensive bus talking can be heard from the window facing the sea side as a vast sea can be seen over the horizon. 

On sunny days, there may be a slight tendency to visit the eastern continent of the foreign city, everything except the east side of the first building is surrounded by the forest and immediately behind the second building is mainly for experimental facilities and mobile classrooms is in the forest.


Continuing from the school building, the cobblestone road leads to the luxurious front gate, bypassing the central large ground. 

A slope of a green tunnel that leads to a residential area. 
I hear the sound of the noisy insects that can be heard from the forest make me realize the summer. 

The sea breeze blowing on the hill is too cheerful in the midsummer, and it keep clinging the clothes to the skin that make it awkward.

"It's getting hotter" 

Natta opens the chest of the the blouse and loosen it and she fanned the neck

She cannot stand it already and since there are no more people around. 

But true ... ... it is hot.
Swear makes my hair sticks to my forehead. I scrape my forelock and barely put my forehead in the wind. 
Natta staggered the hair back and looked on the nape. 

"It is unbearable after all. I will cut it a bit before summer." 
"Well, it's waste. Do not cut it." 
"No, no ... Ru-chan's is not that long already?" 
"I usually cut a little by the shoulder."

"What a wasteful thing. Even though it's such a beautiful thing"

Natta caresses my head.
Peach blonde hair seems to be like my mother who died when I was little. 
By the way, "That girl" in the dream was the same. 
But the hair length is completely different. 
That person I thought was myself in my dream was long enough to reach my waist. 
I wonder why I'm watching my appearance from the outside for such reasons, because I do not think that it is a dream if it is in my dreams. 

"Here I am, because this suit you." 

To be honest, it's just a long and troublesome thing. 
Or wash it, when you sweat. 
Even so, the season is completely summer all too soon. 

"I wish I have my summer vacation early."

I took a note out of my bag. Of course to make it into a fan. 
I will wait for a summer vacation next week. 
It does not mean that the school does not get excited, but after all long holidays the mind will bounces. 
You do not have to study. 
Oh, what shall we play this year? 

"Does Ru-chan love summer vacation?" 

I ask you a question that's obvious. 

"Of course, I will play everyday."


From the second semester of the holidays, professional lessons of vocational training will also be seriously started.
Second year of senior high school with a hard fate before, again never comes summer of seventeen. 
This year is the last to be able to play freely. 
Then I must have ample eyes! 

"Are you not looking forward to it Natta?"
"Well, I'm looking forward to it, But" 
"But?"

"It might be lonely not to meet Ru-chan at school every day, I also have club activities," 

Ahh. 

"I like to meet so much during the holidays" 

I will give you the notes as a thank you for saying glad things. 

"Because I am mostly free, so I will follow you if you call out anytime,


"It is not that i do not have any plans, but there are many quiet times compared to Naruta who belongs to Kenjinbutsu. 

TL Note: Kenjibutsu refers to a sword fighting club or dojo.

My best friend, Invernatta. Nickname is Natta.

[インヴェルナータ]
A thin blonde like the golden river that you made two sided-up. White skin like snow. Clear brown eyes. A lip like a cherry blossom petal. It is a smart body like a movement club, but also has a charm as a girl, a beautiful girl who everyone looks back on. 
Not only appearance but motor nerve (brain intelligent) is also preeminent. 
In the second year student Ace of Kenjibutsu, a perfect girl who also grades top grade in our grade. 
Such a daughter is called Natta. 


It is easy to understand that the Heaven gives two objects to one person as a group.
I wonder if it is pain to work on for those people who are making the settings so much to everyone. 
Even though I thought I shared it slightly. 

Compared to that, I am like a picturesque ordinary girls. 
The grade is also.......a bit lower than normal, and the motor nerve is also not good. 
It's as mediocre 
as unbalanced to be together with Natta .

Although Natta is always teasing me, I will never do something to look down on. I'm a friend for ten years and I'm not in relationship 
and it is not like I conscious of such thing like which one is up. 
So I do not feel inferior to her. 
... ... Well, there are things that I can envy for a moment. 

"Why, by looking at it... Are you in love with me?" 


While thinking about such things, I seem to have been looking at Natta unconsciously. I was putting my hands on my cheeks with a slightly shy face. 

"I thought of Ru-chan as a good friend, but in that case I ..." 
"Idiot" 

I lightly crushed Natta's flank. While laughing at such a joke, we will walk under the summer sky. 

Go through the forest, and path to the coast is opposite to the sea.

The road is covered with red bricks from the stone pavement, making it a bit easy to walk.
I went to Philia Boulevard when I walked for a while. 
In the main street running north and south of the city, in the middle of the black car road goes through a two-wheeled vehicle with lit rings and a glowing horse carriage.

Make sure that the carriage is not coming and cross the road to the other side and enter the cult street which is the neighboring shopping street from the T-junction. 

When I looked up at the top of the hill, I could see the temple where the brilliant stone was enshrined beyond the residential area. 
The roof of the building around here is all unified with green. 
There is a big square in the center, and a small shopping area around it. 
It is a little smaller street compared with the Rurina town in the center of the city, but it's as lively as it is. 

We bought ice cream and walked along the street while eating. 
The cold ice will comfortably heals the hilariously hot body. 

When arriving at the target shop, Natta abandoned the ice stick in the garbage can by the shop, and she went inside it quickly. I will chase her after stroking the strawberry bar which I still have more than half left behind. 
I do not have time to taste slowly! The mouth is cold! Rather it hurts! 
The inside of the store was illuminated by the bright light and it was about brighter than outside. 
Trendy rock group songs are flowing. 
Natta who picked up the wind sound board for the new score section was about to bring it to the cashier. I feel like I'm still sprinkling as usual.

I was waiting at the audition corner while Natta was doing the treasurer. 
She opens the lid of the wind sound machine player which is a rectangular black box, and drop the wind sound board for a preview piled up next to it.

When turning on the switch, the wind began to blow through the wind instrument. 
The wind passes through the vacant hole at the center of the sound board, and the wind turns into music. 
A song accompanied by a male vocal firmness begins to flow. 

It is near the end of the first chorus, just like Natta finished the payment, I walked here. 
We stopped the wind tone machine and we left the wind-noise store behind. 

After that, I was stopped by Natta, who is trying impulsively to buy watercraft boxes of peeping warriors, browsing a fashion magazine at a bookstore, and wandering without any purpose and went into a familiar coffee shop. 

"Ne, Why do not we go buy clothes for summer? Until Rurina street." 

Proposing while adding sugar into the ordered coffee. Chaco. Although the cloth shop is also on the cult street, but if you think that you want a little fashionable clothes, the more you go to Lunina street, the wider the choices will be


"From now?" 

Natta does not seem to be very enthusiastic. It is about 30 minutes by a luminous carriage to Lunina street. From the current time, it may be night for me to go home. 

"Even tomorrow is fine" 

"Let's do it tomorrow" 
"Yes, let's do it"


"Oh yeah, speaking of Lunina city, I had found before this good store" 
"What What? What store?" 

"I am walking for a bit, but it's cheap for a wide selection of products. Let's go with us tomorrow."
"Well then. What are you going to do today? Will you come and visit my house?" 


"Well ......wonderful than that" 
"What?" 
"Let's do it!" 

I grabbed the arm that had a spoon in, sugar spilled on the table and a scary face was shown. 

"I cannot believe it, what are you doing!" 
"That's it!" Just watching makes me feel bad! " 

While wiping the sugar that was supposed to be the thirteenth cup with a table napkin, I intimidate her. 

"The sweet one is delicious" 
"There is a limit! I'll break the body with excess intake of sugar," 

Is not that good. How much do you like sweet Natta, do not complain to my liking, do you? I cannot believe the Natta who put only three cups from my point of view. 

"It's okay to put it a little extra
"Where is a little!" 

Even if I do not get so angry ...... No matter what I say, I like sweet people. 

"Mo, let me like it already, I dislike noisy Natta" 

Pickin. 
Natta's face has froze. 

"... Well, I understand. You should love it" 

"Do whatever you want" reluctantly admit Natta. A profile that looked down looks sad. 
I wonder if I has gone too much. 

"Just kidding, Natta. I do not dislike it." 
"You know, I think we have been friends for many years."

Natta smiles and talks to her coffee. 
Its appearance is as beautiful as a masterpiece, attractive from the viewpoint of me of the same family name, and it is embarrassing that I murmured such things that hurt her. 
Of course, it is a joke to dislike. 
But, when cannot afford to give up that way, I know mostly that Natta will naturally breaks. 
Sorry to say you can be friends with such a nice girl. 
Grasp her hand gently with the meaning of apology - 

"Heat, it's hot! What do you do when a person is drinking coffee!" 
"Oh, sorry," 

I have failed again ... 

"Sorry, I'm sorry. Natta. I really love you." 

While wiping the coffee spilled on the hands of Natta, I apologized again. 

"Do not say embarrassing things." 

Natta was red as far as the face. Wow, my coffee was very hot. 
I hope you do not get burned. Sorry.

END OF CHAPTER 4



<< Previous                                                                              Next >>

Comments